2022 NvSCA Board of Directors Nominations
NvSCA strongly encourages school counselors interested in having a significant impact on our profession to serve on the NvSCA Board of Directors. We are currently seeking Board of Director candidates to represent the variety of needs and perspectives of all Nevada school counselors. NvSCA values and seeks diverse leadership as defined by race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, geographic location, professional level, etc.
Nominations are open for YOU to run for office or nominate an NvSCA member. Candidates must be willing and able to serve 1 to 3 years on the board.
There are several benefits to serving on the NvSCA board:
It's only through your volunteer efforts that NvSCA will continue to build a strong and active association.
Open 2022 Board Positions
According to the NvSCA Nomination and Election Policies,
Three Directors shall be elected annually through a general election except for the 2022 election where six Directors will be elected.
Of the six elected Directors in 2022, three directors will serve a three-year term, one will serve a two-year term, and two will serve a one-year term.
The term length of the six elected Directors will be determined by the number of votes each director receives in the election. Of the six elected directors, the
three with the most votes will serve a three-year term; the elected director with the fourth highest number of votes will serve a two-year term; and the other two elected directors will serve a one-year term.
Nomination and Election Timeline
Call for Nominations April 19 - 29, 2022
Nominees complete application process May 3 - 13, 2022
Voting takes place May 16 - 27, 2022
Results will be announced on May 31, 2022.
The term of office begins on July 1, 2022.
According to NvSCA Bylaws 2022, candidates must:
1) be employed full-time for at least three years in Nevada as a school counselor, supervisor of school counselors, or counselor educator in a school counselor education program on the due date for the submission of candidate applications and,
2) have been practicing school counselors for at least three years on the due date for the submission of candidate applications and,
3) hold a valid school counselor license by the Nevada Department of Education on the due date for the submission of candidate applications and,
4) be a NvSCA Professional Member and must have been an ASCA Member for at least the one year immediately preceding the due date for the submission of candidate applications and,
5) meet additional qualifications required by NvSCA policies and procedures that address Nominations and Elections.
The Nomination and Elections Committee will review each nominee's credentials for eligibility and create a ballot of no more than 12 candidates.